Tuesday, August 4, 2009

moonshadow & starlight

it's a beautiful night. really beautiful. the air is soft, the sky is clear, the full moon hangs like a headlight over me. it shines smoother and steadier than a star. it reflects loveliness. on the ocean a river of molten silver light catches the waves, and each gentle hump and furrow is defined by moonshine.
i would like to walk for a while - i don't need much - but my knee aches, and now is not the time. i can wait.
i will miss these big moons, the soft air, the very faint sweet salt smell that drifts to me, the look of yellow torchlights throwing enticing shadows on pale stucco walls, the envy of myself - i envy myself! - for being here. the houses are so beautiful, and so are the palm trees, so many kinds, king and queen and pineapple and sago, all silhouetted in that perfect way that happens at night. it's a beautiful night, and i'll miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment